|PADI Course Options||Conditions||Price|
|Rescue Diver||2.5 Days||13,500 Baht |
|Certification Fee and PADI Manual||For OW - AOW - RD - EFR - Specialities||2,800 Baht |
The Rescue Diver course takes your abilities as a diver to the next level whereupon you are more than competent enough to look after yourself and will be able to deal with an emergency of any kind involving another diver.
You will learn about equipment function, diver readiness, scene management, search and recovery of an unconscious diver and administering basic in water life support as well as techniques for removing a victim safely from the water and administration of oxygen.
One of the most challenging courses in the PADI system this is the perfect way to gain additional confidence and awareness of fellow divers. Conducted over 2-3 days (3 day option includes EFR), this course includes academic study, skill practice in shallow water and real life scenarios in open water. Ideal for the more independent diver.
Rewarding and fun is what best describes the PADI Rescue Diver course. This course will expand your knowledge and experience level: Rescue Divers learn to look beyond themselves and consider the safety and well being of other divers.
Although this course is serious, it is an enjoyable way to build your confidence.
What do I need to start ?
- You can enroll in the Rescue Diver Course as a certified Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization) and participate in the Rescue Diver knowledge development and rescue training sessions, in confined water only, while working on your Advanced Open Water Diver certification.
- To participate in the rescue training sessions in open water, and to participate in the open water rescue scenarios, you must be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Minimum age: 15 years old (12 for PADI Junior Rescue Diver)
- Successful completion of a sanctioned CPR program within the past 24 months. The Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) courses meet these requirements.
What will I do ?
PADI Rescue Diver training will prepare you to prevent problems and, if necessary, manage dive emergencies. During the five open water sessions, you'll cover:
- Self-rescue and diver stress
- AED and emergency oxygen delivery systems
- Dive first aid
- Swimming and non-swimming rescue techniques
- Emergency management and equipment
- Panicked diver response
- Underwater problems solving
- Missing diver procedures
- Surfacing the unconscious diver
- In-water rescue breathing protocols
- Egress (exits)
- First aid procedures for pressure related accidents
- Dive accident scenarios
How long will it take ?
- Recommended Course Hours: 25
- Minimum Open Water Training: five sessions over two days
What will I need ?
- PADI Rescue Diver Crew-Pak
- PADI Rescue Diver Video on DVD
Where can I go from here ?
The PADI Rescue Diver certification is a prerequisite for all Professional level PADI courses, beginning with the PADI Divemaster certification
- Full set of dive equipment
- Hotel transfer (areas beyond Patong, Kata, Karon and Chalong add 400-700 baht)
- 1 day on the boat with 5 Open Water Sessions under the supervision of a qualified PADI instructor
- Light breakfast, lunch, fruits and soft drinks on the boat
- Recompression Chamber and Accident Insurance fee
Not Included :
- PADI Manual and certification fee